Student Produced TV

WBUC

Filed under News

Homecoming Week

Dr.+Sweeney+being+taped+to+the+wall.+Over+%24300+was+raised+to+support+the+food+pantry.+
Dr. Sweeney being taped to the wall. Over $300 was raised to support the food pantry.

Catherine Volkomer

Catherine Volkomer

Spirit Week

Spirit week took off on Monday the 26 and lasted until Friday the 30th. On ‘Merica Monday, students and staff dressed up in red, white, and blue stars and stripes. Everyone was wearing tye-dye and working 70’s fashion on Tie Dye Tuesday.. On Color War Wednesday. Freshman wore white, sophomores green, juniors pink, the seniors wore black, and teachers and staff purple. Next came Tropical Thursday, followed by the infamous Buc Blue Friday, when everyone showed their school spirit. On that same day the pep rally, boys volleyball game, Class of 2018 fundraiser at McDonalds, and the homecoming dance took place.

The Powderpuff Game

The Powderpuff game took place on Monday at 7:30 at Wilber field. The junior girls went against the senior girls, and each team had their own group of male cheerleaders.The game lasted four quarters with a close tie. The seniors had one but for the first two quarters the juniors were in the lead with a couple more points than the seniors. Despite such a close game, the cheerleaders truly stole the show. The senior cheerleaders wore fishnets, blonde wigs, shorts, and black t shirts cut or rolled up. The junior cheerleaders wore basically anything they felt like, a few boys had gorilla masks on and suspenders.

Junior Ellie Lisec gets low for during the pep rally.

The Pep Rally

The main event of this year’s pep rally was Dr Sweeney being  duct taped to the wall. Students who paid  a dollar during the week were allowed to go down and put a piece of duct tape somewhere on Sweeney and the wall. This event raised over $300 dollars that was donated to the Oswego Food Drive. The pep rally also introduced the fall sports teams such as girls and boys volleyball, golf, swimming, and cheerleading. There were many games included all grades and the staff, such as hungry hippo, tug-a-war, and the pin ball game.

The Homecoming Dance

The homecoming dance was held on Friday the 30th from 7:30 to 10:30 in the  new gym. The DJ, blue and white fairy lights and stars added to the festive ambiance, and  there was an area of the wall with streamers and a sign reading Homecoming 2016 where students were took selfies and photos of themselves with their friends. Students were only let in  when the had $5 and their student id. No one was allowed in  after 8:30 leaving any students arriving after that time unable to enter the school.