Student Produced TV

WBUC

Cruisin’ the Campus

Claudia Chetney

Are you looking for something to do this winter in Oswego? SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley has just the thing for you. SUNY Oswego is inviting the Oswego county community to their “Cruisin’ the Campus” series of events. These events will take place at the end of December and the first three weeks of January (December 26th – January 22nd and an extra week prior to these dates at Romney Field House.)

The activities are grouped into three different categories: entertainment/athletic events, recreation, and education.

In the entertainment and athletic events category, there are choices of  the Oswego Men’s Hockey Classic, women’s ice hockey, men’s and women’s basketball, wrestling, and men’s and women’s swimming and diving. This is a great opportunity to get out and support our SUNY athletics by watching a game or two.

Those interested in the recreational events can choose from ice skating, hiking, running, walking, basketball, swimming and shopping. Lee Hall has open hours for these events where the use of the gymnasium and the pool will be permitted. Likewise, Romney Field House has certain hours that the use of the facility will also be allowed. If you are looking to do some shopping, the College Store at Murano Campus Center is also an option.

The events for those looking at the education aspect include: the Shineman Center planetarium, Rice Creek Field Station, Penfield Library and an exhibition at Oswego State Downtown. Many of these events are free of cost. If you are interested in viewing multimedia arts, the college planetarium, or even an environmental presentation, these are the events for you.

To find exact dates and times of each event, you can visit the SUNY Oswego website, www.oswego.edu/calender.

Children under 17 must bring an adult along with them. Also, there is no charge or permit required for parking.

“Cruisin’ the Campus” is a great event that offers many opportunities for a variety of interests. The best part is that it is so close to home. This would be a great experience for anyone, and the community of Oswego should strongly consider participating in whatever area or field interests you.